Have you ever wondered what was the best way to earn extra income online? There are a lot of ways from blogging, freelancing, creating ebooks and of course for a more visual audience – creating videos on youtube. We’ll be focusing more on youtube videos and how to add affiliate links to youtube videos.
Why Choose Youtube as a Medium for your Content?
Honestly speaking, there are a lot of people who prefer visual aids rather than reading through a long blog post. At the same time, technology nowadays makes it easier for everyone to search and watch videos through social media platforms like youtube. Even making it even accessible on a mobile device.
Ways to Earn Through Your Youtube Video
Specifically for youtube there are three ways we can think of on how an individual can earn.
- Promoting your own product or service: Pretty much self explanatory, you can talk about your own product on the video inviting them to purchase from your website or contact you directly.
- Advertisements: Upon reaching a certain number subscribers & a certain number of hours that your video has been watched, you may apply as a youtube partner and have advertisements up on your videos.
- Affiliate Marketing Links: Promoting a product or service through your video and converting your traffic into affiliate sales commission. Learn more about this below.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate Marketing is a business model wherein you advertise a certain product or service using your content. The traffic you generate from your content can be converted into potential customers for your preferred affiliate partner.
Steps to Monetize your Youtube Content:
- Look for a relevant affiliate partner, something that involves your topic/niche.
- Register as their partner and create affiliate links that redirects your traffic to their product.
- Create good content on your medium, in this case youtube videos.
- Insert your affiliate links on the video.
How to Add Affiliate Marketing Links to Youtube Videos
Now we know what affiliate marketing is, let’s talk about how to add them to your youtube content.
- Upon creating the video, you must always take into consideration that the main goal is to have the link visited by potential customers.
- Make sure you discuss the product/service specifications thoroughly with full transparency (Eg. if you’re creating a review for a specific product or service).
- On the video itself, don’t forget to mention that you have an link and would like your viewers to visit it for further knowledge about the product or service.
- On the video editing phase in youtube, add tags that can help search engines find your video based on relevance.
- Don’t forget to add the affiliate link on the description area of your video.
There are a lot of people who use youtube to research a certain product before buying. To make it easier for them to purchase a product, you may provide an affiliate link that redirects them to a trust-worthy online shop. This way, you were able to help your viewers learn more about the product, at the same time earn extra income through affiliate commissions.